Last modified: 2019-04-20
Resource Innovation Institute, an Oregon non-profit corporation (“RII”or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites resourceinnovation.org or receptive-afternoon.flywheelstaging.com and utilize the services offered there (our “Website“) or using the Cannabis PowerScore mobile app (collectively with the Website, the “Services“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- Through the Cannabis PowerScore mobile app.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by RII or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Services.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are intended for adults over the age of 21 and so are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to our Services or through any of its features, register to use the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
US Residents Only
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as username and password and growing techniques and technologies you use for cultivation; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services.
- Your search queries on our Website or through our Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and use of Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through the Services.
- Information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, device type, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including answering your questions and providing you our newsletter.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including but not limited to calculating your Cannabis PowerScore.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features through our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our affiliates’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, if such a checkbox is provided or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including but not limited to our hosting service provider.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RII’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by RII about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RII, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from RII.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by RII to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We DO NOTdisclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.